Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Twin CheckerBoard Quilt

CheckerBoard Quilt (Twin size)
This quilt was fun to make. It is made from a nine patch pattern. First i cut different sets of colors to make two sets from each color. My strips were cut at 2 1/2 inches. Sewed together with 1/4 inch seam.


Then cut them and stacked them into two sets. (cut at 2 1/2).

Great time for assembly line sewing. Sew all stacks into a nine patch. Press the seams away from the center. You should have two stacks of opposite's.

I chose cranberry/blue/purple for my colors but you can chose any colors you like. The main fabric was one with flowers. I pulled my colors from that fabric. The next step is done by sewing 4 nine patches together. (see pic below) Your block is now ready to strip together. I chose green and placed the flower fabric in the corners. The green strips are cut the same 2 1/2 inch. I chose the purple fabric for the binding.



I alternated each color set in each row. This quilt was stitched on the machine but i hand quilted it together. Should make any young girl happy.





Hope you enjoyed. Got my hubby to hold it up for better light.

No comments: